Anyone, 5 years of age and older, is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Find your nearest vaccination location at
Child Labor Law Regulates the employment of workers under 16 years of age. The law protects children by:
- requiring employment certificates. The certificate confirms that a minor is old enough to work, physically capable to perform the job, and that the job will not interfere with the minor's education;
- prohibiting work in hazardous occupations; and
- limiting working hours. All work before 7 a.m. and after 7 p.m. is prohibited. However, work until 9 p.m. is allowed from June 1 through Labor Day.
- Requiring that a child performer in an artistic or creative service have a trust fund set up in their name where 15% of their gross earnings will be deposited.
- Child Labor Information: (312) 793-5570
- Child Labor HOTLINE: (800) 645-5784 (toll-free)