Provider Resources and Tools
Supports to Help Meet Children's Diverse Needs
- How can I support children in my program who have special needs?
- How do I support students who are emergent bilingual?
Additional Provider Supports
Workforce and Professional Development Supports
Gateways to Opportunity is Illinois' early care and education professional development system. It includes:
- Gateways Registry: the registry allows you to track your education, Credentials, and training online in your personal and secure Professional Development Record.
- Online Training: Gateways i-learning is the hub of online training for Illinois child care providers. You can locate online training for DCFS Licensing, ExceleRate Illinois, and other courses related to caring for children.
- Training Calendar: Search the Gateways Training Calendar for professional development events around the state.
- Gateways Credentials: These credentials are symbols of professional achievement that show your knowledge, skills, and experience in caring for and educating children.
How to Get Involved
- Illinois Early Learning Council: A public-private partnership created by P.A. 93-380 to strengthen, coordinate, and expand programs and services for children, birth to five, throughout Illinois. Meetings are open to the public.
- Professional Development Advisory Council: A group of key stakeholders from a wide variety of child related industries who work to advance the field of early care and education, school-age, youth development, and family support. Meetings are open to the public.
- DCFS Child Day Care Licensing Advisory Council: This group provides input and suggestions on day care licensing rules and procedures, areas of focus and future planning, issues, concerns, and trends. Meetings are open to the public.
- Illinois Interagency Council on Early Intervention: This council provides advice and assistance as defined in the EI Services System Act. Meetings are open to the public, and interested individuals can nominate themselves for membership.
- Illinois Head Start Association
- Partner Plan Act: Resources on local Early Childhood Collaborations