|Title:||Health in All Policies Workgroup|
|Contact Name:||Department of Public Health|
|Function:||The University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health, in consultation with the Department of Public Health, shall convene a workgroup to review legislation and make new policy recommendations relating to the health of residents of the State. The workgroup shall examine the following:
(1) The health of residents of the State, to the
extent necessary to carry out the requirements of this Act.
(2) Ways for units of local government and State
agencies to collaborate in implementing policies that will positively impact the health of residents of the State.
(3) The impact of the following on the health of
residents of the State:
(A) Access to safe and affordable housing.
(B) Educational attainment.
(C) Opportunities for employment.
(D) Economic stability.
(E) Inclusion, diversity, and equity in the
(F) Barriers to career success and promotion in
(G) Access to transportation and mobility.
(H) Social justice.
(I) Environmental factors.
(J) Public safety, including the impact of crime,
citizen unrest, the criminal justice system, and governmental policies that affect individuals who are in prison or released from prison.
(c) The workgroup, using a health in all policies framework, shall perform the following:
(1) Review and make recommendations regarding how
health considerations may be incorporated into the decision-making processes of government agencies and private stakeholders who interact with government agencies.
(2) Foster collaboration among units of local
government and State agencies.
(3) Develop laws and policies to improve health and
reduce health inequities.
(4) Make recommendations regarding how to implement
laws and policies to improve health and reduce health inequities.|
|Qualifications:||To the extent practicable, the members of the workgroup shall reflect the geographic, racial, ethnic, cultural, and gender diversity of the State.|
|Composition:||The workgroup shall consist of the following members:
(1) The Secretary of Human Services, or the
(2) The Secretary of Transportation, or the
(3) The Director of the Illinois Environmental
Protection Agency, or the Director's designee.
(4) The Director of Agriculture, or the Director's
(5) The Director of Labor, or the Director's
(6) The Director of Public Health, or the Director's
(7) One representative of a statewide public health
(8) One administrator of a Federally Qualified Health
(9) One administrator of a public health department
local to the University of Illinois at Chicago.
(10) One representative of an association
representing hospitals and health systems.
(11) The Director of Healthcare and Family Services,
or the Director's designee.
(12) The State Superintendent of Education, or the
(13) The Director of Corrections, or the Director's
(14) The Chair of the Criminal Justice Information
Authority, or the Chair's designee.
(15) The Director of Commerce and Economic
Opportunity, or the Director's designee.
(16) The Director of Aging, or the Director's
(17) One representative of the Office of the Governor
appointed by the Governor.
(18) One representative of a local health department
located in a county with a population of less than 3,000,000.
(19) One representative of a statewide public health
institute representing multisector public health system stakeholders.
(20) Two representatives of organizations that
represent minority populations in public health.
(21) One representative of a statewide organization
representing physicians licensed to practice medicine in all its branches.|
|Authority:||410 ILCS 155|