DoIT’s Securing the State strategy includes the following components:
• Protect State of Illinois information and systems
• Reduce cyber risk
• Establish best-in-class cybersecurity capabilities
• Execute an enterprise approach to cybersecurity
• Create a cyber secure Illinois
This site provides information for individuals, families, businesses and schools to find materials to help increase their general cybersecurity knowledge. Here you will find videos, newsletters, presentations, useful links and a variety of other resources all housed under one easy to navigate page.
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Cybersecurity is a national effort of emphasizing the challenges we face every day in the ever changing digital world.
Don't "Take the Bait" for Phishing Scams
Anytime of year is good "Phishing" weather. Don't fall for the bait!
Click the Video tab to learn more about Phishing and other Cybersecurity topics.
As always...Think Before You Click!
What is Phishing?
The term "Phishing" is not referring to an activity that involves a pole and a lake! Phishing (pronounced fishing) is a type of deception or fraud that uses e-mail messages, websites or phone calls to dishonestly exploit sensitive information from you OR install malicious software on your computer. Any time of year is "Phishing" season. Explore:
- The "Phishing Emails and You" newsletter
- Flyers on Phishing and Smishing
- The Ask a Hacker series of videos
Avoid being Phished!