Audio and web conferencing tools bring the meeting to your particular office location even to the extent, when preferred, to your own computer device. Distances between business locations no longer appear as impediments in bringing together the necessary participants for meeting and information-sharing. These tools work very well in situations where there is time for the formal scheduling of meetings as well as when time requires impromptu communications.
Product Features and Descriptions
Attention: Please request solutions through your agency's telecom coordinator.
Cisco WebEx Conferencing
WebEx allows users to conduct real-time meetings, webinars and events online. Participants can join via audio or video using a desktop, mobile device or room system. Screen sharing allows participants to collaborate regarding documents, presentations and includes white-board functionality for brainstorming sessions. WebEx is ideal for hosting webinars and events for up to 500 participants. The meeting host can record meetings and/or webinars for future reference or to share with participants that are not able to attend the meeting/webinar.
WebEx Features Include:
- Convenient Call Me functionality allows for optimal cost savings
- Easy invitations and reminders via integration with email and calendar options
- Documents, applications and desktop sharing in real time
- Active speaker identifies who's speaking and empowers the host to mute and unmute individuals
- Meeting and webinar recording, editing and playback
- QA, chat, polling, participant feedback via pop-up surveys and much more
- Mobile ready service
The WebEx service is integrated with DoIT Collaboration services.
Videoconferencing to WebEx - Bridging and Scheduling
When fully implemented, the Illinois Video Conferencing Network will be integrated with the Cisco, cloud-based, video conferencing scheduling and bridging. This integration will simplify the process for scheduling systems, automating the connection between systems and integrating systems with the WebEx user desktop. This integration will be tied to the refresh of the older video conferencing system.
Rates and Billing
There is no charge for the use of WebEx.
Ordering and Provisioning
Service can be ordered, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
- Service provisioning and implementation
- Incident resolution
- Routine maintenance
- Provide 24/7 support for questions and/or problems through the Service Desk
- Serve as a single point of contact for reporting and monitoring repair and maintenance issues through successful resolution
- Maintain contracts with vendor
- Notify customers of any changes to the product - Agency telecom coordinators receive automatic Service Bulletins announcing changes in service offerings, price and procurement procedures
- Provide price quotations and low-cost alternatives as well as updating billing information
- Assist with the analysis and development of the appropriate product and service mix to fulfill specific short and long term customer needs.
- Respond to all customer billing inquiries and resolve any issues
- Provide integrated inventory and billing in a shared database accessible to agency telecom coordinators to enable service order tracking, usage reporting and billing review.
- Provide access information and coordination of training in the efficient use of products and services
- Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
- Perform a routine review of billing errors, underutilized service, special features and equipment.
- Provide a designated agency contact and related contact information
- Schedule operator assisted calls
- Schedule conferencing and distribute access information to attendees
- Initiate Reservation-Less Conference Call/Web Conferencing as Host
- Terminate the account when no longer needed
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published business hours. DoIT targets to provision this service within 10 days.
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents reported to DoIT will be captured in the DoIT service management ticketing system and addressed according to the Incident Management Guidelines
To report an incident, click here Report Problems Form
or contact the DoIT Service Desk at 217-524-3648 (Springfield) or 312-814-3648 (Chicago).
This service will be available 24/7 excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events.