State Government Suggestion Award Board
The Governor wants to hear from state employees who have ideas that will make our government more efficient and effective. If your suggestion results in financial savings to the state and taxpayers, you could receive between $50 and $5000.
- The suggestion must be original and may not constitute the solution to a procedure or problem which you are paid to solve as part of your employment. The suggestion may, however, be related to your field of employment or department.
- The suggestion cannot be taken from any report, study, document, or publication of the state or paid for by the state.
- The suggestion must result in financial savings by the state and taxpayers.
- The suggestion must not require a state or federal constitutional change.
- The suggestion may require enactment of Illinois legislation but the suggestion must indicate the substance or nature of the lawmaking. A reward will only be given if the legislation is enacted and savings are achieved.
- The suggestion must not propose anything harmful or dangerous to the health, safety, or well-being of employees, residents, or clients.
- The suggestion must state a specific problem or situation and propose a specific solution to it. Overly broad or vague suggestions will not receive awards.
- The suggestion does not concern complaints, grievances, enforcement of existing rules, matters under consideration or already under use, or common practices
- All suggestions will be given to agencies anonymously during the review process to ensure that no suggestion is given preferential treatment based on the identity of the suggestor.
- Financial award estimates will be at the discretion of the impacted agency, based on savings achieved, not projected savings.
The amount of each award to employees other than management personnel shall be determined as follows:
|$1.00 to $5,000 savings
||Up to $500 or a certificate of merit|
|more than $5,000 up to $20,000 savings
|more than $20,000 up to $100,000 savings
|more than $100,000 up to $200,000 savings
|more than $200,000 up to $300,000 savings
|more than $300,000 up to $400,000 savings
|more than $400,000
Management personnel shall be recognized for their suggestions as the Board considers appropriate but shall not receive any monetary award.
Employee Suggestion Form
indicates required field
Initiative Impacted Indicate the strategic initiatives your idea impacts the most.